HelloFresh delivers “cook from scratch” meal plans straight to your door, with easy to follow recipe cards and high quality, pre-portioned fresh ingredients—saving time and money that you can instead spend with your loved ones!
HelloFresh is the world's leading meal kit company and is expanding rapidly. Founded in November 2011, HelloFresh now operates in the U.S., the United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Australia, Austria, Switzerland, and Canada. HelloFresh delivers millions of meals to millions of customers across the globe. and listed in November 2017 at the German Stock Exchange in Frankfurt.
As a Senior Product Owner, you’ll report to the Sr. Director of Product, and take complete ownership of critical business KPIs and will be expected to add real value to our end customers, in order to allow for faster growth and market expansion. You will be the customer voice of the scrum team and work closely with delivery teams to translate vision and ideas into features, detailed requirements and acceptance criteria. To succeed in this role, you should be a perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver. Ability to focus on the highest value initiatives, identify solutions, and make quick decisions are core skill sets to this position.
About the job
- Lead the creation of the product vision and roadmap, while providing clear direction to a cross-functional, agile team of Engineers, Product Designers and Technical Program Managers
- Assess and maximize business opportunities for growth, creating business cases and experiments
- Work closely with senior leaders and our global team, while taking a data-driven approach, to prioritize the product backlog according to the business value and ROI
- Partner with Technical Program Managers to plan product releases
- Research, define and create solid specifications of features for new and current products
- Communicating a clear vision, the product owner focuses the efforts of the team upon delivering the best possible customer value.
- Evangelize product vision for the Scrum teams.
- Liaison between the development and the business stakeholders, bridging business and customer needs with the development teams.
- Manage and groom the product backlog, create actionable user stories, write and execute acceptance tests while defining acceptance criteria.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings and influence sprint goals and commitments.
- Collaborate with the Business Owner to build the product roadmap and plan releases.
- Follow progress of work and address production issues during sprints.
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users.
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Present short-term and long-term product feature documents and metrics.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule.
- Make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision.
- Define ways to track product use and impact on end users.
Who are we looking for
- You have a strong business mind-set and is at your best working with e-commerce KPIs
- You feel comfortable being the point of contact for senior and global stakeholders
- You are aware of agile management methodologies like Scrum
- You have great communication skills in English, both oral and written
- You have a data driven mindset
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 8+ years of product development experience and expertise with Agile framework methodology.
- Track record of creative problem solving and the desire to create/build new products.
- You have an innate ability to put yourself in the customer's shoes and develop products with their needs in mind.
- Demonstrated experience eliciting feedback from customers and stakeholders through interviews, surveys, testing and other discovery methods and distilling the results into action items.
- Prior experience in conversion rate optimization and a solid understanding of growth marketing and acquisition strategies.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and influencing the organization.
- Experience as a business owner for a broad platform of projects and operate as the go-to resource for engineering, customer support and all stakeholders.
- Experience in product lifecycle management.
- Experience managing multiple projects and balancing priorities.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.